„What’s going on?” – Maria Stożek wondered about the vicious noises coming from the building, where the prison was located. Despite her fears, she decided to find out what was going on. She got closer to the building and what she had witnessed imprinted in her memory for the rest of her life. Stasiu Adamczyk, a familiar highlander from Lubomierz, dangled his head down with his legs tied to the bar on the celling. Three men, including the mayor of Mszana Dolna, Władysław Gelb, were ferociously beating Stas’ already massacred body, whilst alternately pulling him up and down. Up-down, up-down, up-down… The oppressors did not hold back, therefore to maintain their strength they rotated round to take occasional breaks. However, since the method did not bring the expected results, the „interrogators” changed the technique. „Kill me, don’t burn me.” – she heard the exhausted voice of the tortured man. Maria knew that they had to scorch him with iron.

The perpetrators, led by the mayor, wanted to force the tortured man to reveal the names of partisans and people who were hiding the Jews. Stanisław Adamczyk was captured by Gelb himself for helping the Jews and for providing them with food. The mayor personally conducted the investigation and „beaten in turns with the other two”. Despite the torture, Stanislaw did not turn anyone in. „He was lying on a bunk, he was terribly massacred, his whole body was swollen, blue, his eyes were bloody,” recalls Maria Stożyńska. Soon after that, he died of exhaustion. Gelb called on the doctor to issue a death certificate. It was clear to the doctor that the man had been beaten to death. The mayor grabbed the doctor by the collar and threatened him: „Write or you will regret it: the cause of death – heart attack!”. The years was 1943.

The residents of Mszana Dolna recognized Stanisław Adamczyk as a hero and made sure that his memory remained alive. His name along with other victims can be found on the WWII  monument in the local cemetery.